Disclaimer: ALWAYS consult your veterinarian before you start giving your dog any medications and/or supplements.
Does your pup have anxiety, stress, or muscle pain? Do you enjoy giving them treats because they just look so adorable with that longing stare? CBD is an up and coming medical remedy that is natural for stress relief, anxiety, and other symptoms. It’s a natural way to combat a lot of ailments that traditional medicine might not be able to work for. Keep reading to learn more about CBD and its benefits for animals!
Not sure what CBD is?
- It’s short for Cannabidiol which is an extract from a cannabis plant. This could be either marijuana or a hemp plant. The difference is that CBD does not contain tetrahydrocannabinol or THC. THC is what gives you the high.
- While THC is toxic for dogs, CBD can be very beneficial. CBD will contain no more than 0.3% of THC. In marijuana, there can be up to 30% THC. Do NOT give your dog just straight marijuana.
CBD might be beneficial if your dog has the following conditions:
- It can be a powerful painkiller for your dog. If your dog has joint pain, arthritis or any other reason why they might be in pain CBD can help relieve it. You’ll start to notice your dog being more active wanting to play, go out on walks, or any other play.
- Along with a painkiller, it can be a great anti-inflammatory. Joint pain and arthritis can often have severe swelling. Even if your pup is in peak condition when they’re playing accidents can happen. They might land wrong when they’re running and twist their paw. A quick tasty CBD treat is a great way to give them some supplements without fighting with liverwurst and Asprin.
- CBD could be one of the best treatments for seizures, tremors, and spasms. As an anticonvulsant CBD can prevent epileptic seizures better than most medications. For some animals, because vets can’t pinpoint why the seizures are happening they can’t prescribe a medication for them or even worse they can but the medicine is just way too expensive. While CBD can be on the pricier side, it’s still a more affordable alternative to prescriptions.
- There are quite a few dogs who suffer from anxiety and stress it could be from loud noises from like thunder or they suffer from PTSD from being in a shelter. When their human parents leave to go to work the pup might freak out being alone. Some of the signs might be chewing on everything, constant barking at nothing or everything, shaking, and aggression. Anxiety and stress can occur even if they’re the most well-trained dog in the world. CBD can help reduce that anxiety. They still might be uncomfortable but it’ll be more manageable.
As of October, The Bakery Nook can offer healthy CBD treats for dogs in 5mg strength and 10mg. The Bakery Nook is not responsible for any side effects your dog might have from our CBD treats. If you’re concerned about any side effects consult your vet before purchasing.