Trick or treating in Coplay and many other towns nearby has been canceled, but that doesn’t mean your kiddos shouldn’t have the trick or treat experience. Instead of going house to house for the candy, this year maybe try a scavenger hunt around your own home or an egg hunt, Halloween style! With these spooky delights, your tricker or treaters will have a Halloween they’ll never forget! Here are a few of our favorites.
• Ghostly Brownies: We offer delicious brownies flavored plain chocolate, peanut butter, walnut, and cream cheese. To add the spooky touch, get melted marshmallows or marshmallow fluffy to decorate them with some ghosts. Use black icing for a boo-tiful face.
• Witchy Brownies: Another great use of our amazing brownies is to take a witch’s hat cookie cutter and cut out the perfect accessory for any conjuror. The cheesecake brownie will give the hat a unique marbled effect.
• A Snake Cake: The Bakery Nook loves creating custom cakes with fun designs. A snake can spiral around on the top of the cake. We offer several flavors, including white, yellow, chocolate, red velvet, marble, and more. We also offer fillings such as cherry, chocolate fudge, strawberry, mousse, and more. There are so many combinations you can do.
• “Poisoned” Candy Apple: After visiting the apple orchard, it’s hard figuring out what to do with all those apples. How about a spooky “poisonous” treat? For this “poison” apple, you make it the same way as traditional candy apples, but to get that deliciously black “poison” look and in some black gel paste food coloring.
• Skeleton Oreo Pops: Want a sinister cookie to enjoy with the other ghouls and goblins? Get your favorite flavor of Oreos. Melt white chocolates, dip the Oreos in, and set them aside for five minutes or so to harden. After that, you can use a black food dye or another color of your choice to paint on a skeleton face.